Posted by | Ray Cornelius
Former First Lady of the United States of America – MICHELLE OBAMA – is hitting the road this fall to promote her new book Becoming. The 10-city tour will begin in Chicago November 13.
In her memoir, a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling, Michelle Obama invites readers into her world, chronicling the experiences that have shaped her—from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her time spent at the world’s most famous address. With unerring honesty and lively wit, she describes her triumphs and her disappointments, both public and private, telling her full story as she has lived it—in her own words and on her own terms. Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.
The tour is produced by Live Nation and publisher Penguin Random House. Michelle is also donating 1 million copies to educational non-profit program, First Book.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like she is coming to the south. I don’t see any dates for Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami or New Orleans. Hopefully, she’ll add more cities to the schedule.
See the full list below:
- Nov. 13: Chicago — United Center
- Nov. 15: Los Angeles — The Forum
- Nov. 17: DC — Capital One Arena
- Nov. 24: Boston — TD Garden
- Nov. 29: PHL — Wells Fargo Center
- Dec. 1: Brooklyn — Barclays Center
- Dec. 11: Detroit — Little Caesars Arena
- Dec. 13: Denver — Pepsi Center
- Dec. 14: San Jose — SAP Center
- Dec. 17: Dallas — American Airlines Ctr.
Photo Credit: Amazon.com