Written by | Cyrena Rose
Nail trends are as much a part of fashion as clothes, shoes & handbags! As a matter-of-fact, nails and polish are practically the new accessory in fashion. Creative, Long-lengths, natural, geometric, sculpted, stripes, pops-of-color and more adorn women’s fingertips.
Rapper Nicki Minaj, who always excites the ‘nail crowd’, has even been recruited by OPI Products to be the face of their 2012 collection. The colors will be named for songs off her debut album: Did It On Em, Fly, Metal 4 Life, Pink Friday, Save Me and Super Bass.
So, what are the hot nail trends you need to know about right now? Yellow, orange and poppy are the ‘it’ colors; below are the ‘it’ trends:
- NUDES/NEUTRALS; this trend is at the top of the list
- BRIGHTS & NEONS; always a summer staple
- METALLICS; super shiny, last forever and match everything
- OMBRE; new trend picking up on the ombree’ hair trend
- MIX n’ MATCHING; today is about experimenting & expression
- CAVIAR; looks like fish eggs but really crystal beads
Whatever look you rock from border nails (pictured above), color blocking, stripes, newspaper, two-toned, minx to clean & simple; have fun and be you!