Written by | Ray Cornelius
Some of fashion’s rising stars presented their new looks the other night at The 3rd Annual RagTrade Atlanta Runway Show. The event was held at the historic Freight Depot and was presented by The Lincoln Motor Company.
RagTrade Atlanta is an award-winning fashion organization devoted to the discovery and promotion of top emerging fashion designers from around the globe. Each year, designers get an opportunity to display high quality fashions from their fall/winter collections on a shoppable runway.
This year’s designers included:
• Apoteca – Womenswear designer based in San Francisco, made in Lithuania
• Cease & Desist – Contemporary menswear designer based in Atlanta, GA
• Natt Taylor – Winner of Belk’s 2015 Southern Designer Showcase; The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs 2015 Emerging Fashion Designer Grant recipient; RAGTRADE ATLANTA 2014, 2015 featured designer
• Kenya Freeman of Sylvia Mollie – The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs 2015 Emerging Fashion Designer Grant recipient; RAGTRADE ATLANTA 2015 featured designer
• Onyii (“Own-Yee”) Brown of Onyii & Co. – Contemporary womenswear designer; Martha Stewart American Made 2015 Style Finalist
• William Malcolm Luxe Collection – Bespoke Luxury Menswear created by William Malcolm also known as “The Style Artist”. He is also the design director for William Malcolm Eyewear, Lapel Kandy and Detroit Saddle Company
“Lincoln is excited to return to RAGTRADE with the modern and elegant all-new 2017 Lincoln Continental on display amongst Atlanta’s finest in design,” said Raj Register, multicultural communications manager, Lincoln. “Our customers share with Ragtrade and the 2016 designers a passion and appreciation for sophisticated and contemporary design.”
The evening also featured a special appearance from recording artist Mali Music who walked the runway wearing William Malcolm. He also has an exciting new partnership with The Lincoln Motor Company and previewed his new song, “Cryin”.
Check out more photos below from all of the designers:
Cease & Desist
of Sylvia Mollie
“Atlanta Exes” star Christina Johnson
Courtney A. Hammonds – The Art Institute of Atlanta
William Malcolm with Tameka Raymond
Photo Credits: RayCornelius.com