Photography Credit: feedbackmusiq.wordpress.com
Posted by | Ray Cornelius
Jazz pianist Robert Glasper is gearing up to release a sequel to his critically-acclaimed 2012 album Black Radio. The project which featured the talents of Ledisi, Erykah Badu, Lalah Hathaway, Musiq Soul Child and Chrisette Michele was by far the year’s best mix of jazz with R&B and hip-hop. The CD also earned Glasper his first Grammy nomination and win for Best R&B album.
Now the Houston-born musician (Yes! He and Beyoncé went to the same high school) is back with another genre-blending album simply entitled, Black Radio 2. Like its predecessor, the project boasts another impressive line-up of R&B, rap and indie music artists and is set to drop on October 29. The album’s tracklist includes mostly original compositions and features collaborations with Jill Scott, Norah Jones, Brandy, Dwele, Marsha Ambrosius, Anthony Hamilton, Faith Evans and Brit’s Emile Sandé.
Hip-hop’s Common, Snoop Lion and Lupe Fiasco round out the list along with a special appearance from Lalah Hathaway and Cosby kid turned spoken word maestro and musician, Malcolm Jamal-Warner, who will do their version of the Stevie Wonder classic, Jesus Children of America.
Check out the tracklist below along with the album cover art and tell us what you think…
1. Baby Tonight (Black Radio Intro)
2. I Stand Alone featuring Common and Patrick Stump
3. What Are We Doing featuring Brandy
4. Calls featuring Jill Scott
5. No Worries featuring Dwele
6. Trust featuring Marsha Ambrosius
7. Yet To Find featuring Anthony Hamilton
8. You Own Me featuring Faith Evans
9. Let It Ride featuring Norah Jones
10. Persevere featuring Snoop Dogg and Lupe Fiasco
11. Somebody Else featuring Emile Sandé
12. Jesus Children of America featuring Lalah Hathaway and Malcolm-Jamal Warner