Posted by | Cyrena Rose
“SHUT THE F#CK UP”
Stand-up comedian-turned-actor and political commentator D.L. Hughley made his rounds today to promote/discuss his book, I Want You To Shut The F#ck Up: How the Audacity of Dopes Is Ruining America. Hughley chatted with Gayle King of CBS This Morning & the ladies of The View about his controversial book that explains what kind of nation we’ve become.
The American dream is in dire need of a wake-up call. A f#cked up society is like an addict: if you are in denial, then things are going to keep getting worse until you hit bottom. According to D. L. Hughley, that’s the direction in which America is headed.
Below are some insightful/hilarious points Hughley touches on in his book:
- Our supposedly post-racial society
- The similarities between America the superpower and the drunk idiot at the bar
- Why Bill Clinton is more a product of a black upbringing than Barack Obama
- That apologizing is not the answer to controversy, especially when you meant what you said
- Why civil rights leaders are largely to blame for black people not being represented on television
- Why getting your ghetto pass revoked should be seen as a good thing, not something to be ashamed of
- And how hard it is to be married to a black woman
In the book’s acknowledgements, D. L. Hughley thanked a plethora of people including the following, “To Trayvon Martin and all the Trayvon Martins that will never be. To Bernie Mac, who taught me to believe I a’int scared of you motherf#ckers…To God, people will say, ‘How come he didn’t put God first?’ But you know I always have.”