Posted by | Cyrena Rose
‘The new badge of Brooklyn’ has been unveiled and Hip-Hop icon/part-owner Jay-Z designed it! Pics of the new logos were allegedly leaked by an IT worker and posted by The Basketball Jones. The official black-n-white shots were shared by Ben Couch of Nets.com:
The apparel seems to be geared towards a Hip-Hop flair in an attempt to pay homage to Brooklyn’s rap history. Check out the list:
- Multiple “Hello Brooklyn” shirts, a shout-out to “B-Boy Bouillabaisse” from the Beastie Boys‘ 1989 classic “Paul’s Boutique.
- “A wood sign that reads “Sure Shot,” referencing the popular track off the Beasties’ 1994 record “Ill Communication.
- “Shirts referencing “Brooklyn Go Hard,” Jay-Z’s 2008 hit with Kanye West and Rihanna.
- A shirt trumpeting “THE BKLYN WAY,” a shout to a line from legendary Brooklyn rapper The Notorious B.I.G.’s first hit, 1994′s “Juicy.”
- A piece that name checks “Brooklyn’s Finest,” the classic third track on Jay’s 1996 album “Reasonable Doubt,” on which he joined with Biggie to form a tandem they famously claimed would make enemies “[poop] their drawers.”
- Last but definitely not least is “The Corner” T-shirt (pictured below). The description, from the Nets’ online store: It’s time to show NBA basketball what Brooklyn’s all about! Wear this Unk® The Corner t-shirt to boast your pride in your borough and your b-ball team. The chest displays “Brooklyn” with silhouette sneakers dangling from the letters; the Nets’ team logo is displayed at the bottom left.
Tell us what you think of the new logos!
Source: Yahoo! Sports